- 27 Sep 2020
AMAZING AYTUL KURSI
There are certain verses in the Quran that were revealed by Allah to help guide us. They are so powerful that by simply reciting them you, your home and your family would be protected from many evils and from the powers of Shaitan.
This verse (ayah) is number 255 from Surah Baqarah (chapter 2) commonly referred to as Ayatul Kursi (meaning “The Throne”).
In another verse of Surat Baqarah, Allah says, “Remember Me and I will Remember you”. We all know to have everything we want in this life and hereafter that we must constantly remember Allah. Nothing can happen without his decree.
This Verse is the ultimate form of praise a believer can give.
Aytul Kursi in Arabic:
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِاللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَاوَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ
Aytul Kursi English Transliteration:
Allahu la ilaha illa Huwa, Al-Haiyul-Qaiyum La ta’khudhuhu sinatun wa la nawm, lahu ma fis-samawati wa ma fil-‘ard Man dhal-ladhi yashfa’u ‘indahu illa bi-idhnihi Ya’lamu ma baina aidihim wa ma khalfahum, wa la yuhituna bi shai’im-min ‘ilmihi illa bima sha’a Wasi’a kursiyuhus-samawati wal ard, wa la ya’uduhu hifdhuhuma Wa Huwal ‘Aliyul-Adheem.
Aytul Kursi English Translation:
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. “Allah! There is no god but He – the Ever Living, The Ever Watchful. No slumber can seize Him nor Sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except as He permits? He knows what (appears to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. But they do not comprehend any of His knowledge except what he wills. His throne extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them, For He is the Most High, The Supreme.”
Here are some of benefits according to Hadith and Scholars.
- One who recites Ayatul Kursi every morning will be in the protection, safety of Allah until the night.
- It also said that “Whoever recites Ayatul Kursi immediately after each prescribed prayer (salah), there will be nothing stranding between him and his entering paradise except death.” The prophet (ﷺ) Sahih Al Jami, (NO. 6464)
- Recitation of Ayatul Kursi on behalf of those who have passed away gives light (noor) in their graves.
- Learn Ayatul Kursi so that you can say it before leaving your home. Allah Almighty will send down a group of Angels to protect you.
- Saying this ayat for one’s wealth or for children, they will be protected from the Shaitan
- When one is alone in the house, recitation of Ayatul Kursi and asking Allah for help will make you remain calm and you will not fear.
- Whoever recites the first four ayats of Surah Al Baqarah followed by Ayatul Kursi and then the last 3 ayats of Surah Baqarah, will not be inflicted with any kind of difficulty in his wealth or himself, Shaitaan will not come near him and he will not forget the Quran
- Recitation of this Surah is very beneficial if you have a weak memory. To increase your memory, do recite this leading verse
- One who recites Ayatul Kursi before entering the home, his dependency will end.
- If someone recite this ayat on entering home, then poverty will not enter that home.
- One who recites this verse before sleeping, one angle will protect you all overnight.
- If anyone who is poor or needy, recite this Verse, within some days his indigence and poverty will go away.
- For the protection of house from theft, hang the inscription of Ayatul Kursi at the high place of home. It will also increase and beatitudes the income.
- If you recite it in every Salah (prayer), then your one foot will be on earth and the second will be in heaven.Ubayy bin Ka’b (R.A) reported: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Abu Mundhir! Do you know which Ayah in Allah’s Book is the greatest? I said: ‘Allah and His messenger know best.’
- He (peace be upon him) again said: ‘Do you know which Ayah in Allah’s Book, according to you, is the greatest?’ I (Abu Mundhir) replied: ‘It is ‘Allah la ilaha illa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum’. [2:255]. Thereupon he (peace be upon him) patted me in the chest and said, ‘Rejoice by your knowledge, O Abu Mundhir! (i.e, may this knowledge be a source of respect, honour and benefit to you)’.” [Muslim]
- Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The one who recites it after each of the obligatory prayers, then death will be the only thing preventing him from entering Paradise.” [Ibn Sunni, Ibn Hibban]
- When you lie down in your bed, recite ayat al-Kursi, Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists… [al-Baraqah 2:255] until the end of the ayah, then you will have a protector from Allah and no shaytan (devil) will come near you until morning comes [Sahih al-Bukhari]
- Everything has its pinnacle and the pinnacle of the Qur’an is Surah al-Baqarah. In it there is an ayah which is the greatest in the Qur’an: Ayat-ul-Kursi [Tirmidhi]
- Hazrat Ibne Masood (Radiahallahu Anhu) says that a person requested Rasulallaah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) to teach him something that will benefit him. “Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said, “Read Ayatul Kursi, it will protect you, your children, home and even those houses surrounding your house.”
- Hazrat Ali (Radiahallahu Anhu) says that the chief of the Ayats of the Quran Kareem is Ayatul Kursi.
- Abu Huraira reported that “Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) ordered me to guard the charity revenue of Ramadan. Then somebody came to me and started stealing of the foodstuff. I caught him and said, “I will take you to Allah Apostle! “That person said (to Abu Huraira), “Please don’t take me to Allah’s Apostle and I will tell you a few words by which Allah will benefit you. When you go to your bed, recite Ayat-ul-Kursi, (2.255) for then there will be a guard from Allah who will protect you all night long, and Satan will not be able to come near you till dawn.” When the Prophet (ﷺ) heard the story he said (to me), “He (who came to you at night) told you the truth although he is a liar, and it was Satan.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]
- Prophet (ﷺ) said, “By reciting it (Ayat- ul-Kursi), there will be a guardian appointed over you from Allah who will protect you during the night, and Satan will not be able to come near you until morning” [Al-Bukhari]
Realize there is no substitute for work and practice. It’s not that you’re dumb, or have a slower brain, or that your memory just isn’t that great. It all comes down to practice. Learning the ayah is simple, but it is not not easy. All you would need to do is just listen with focus and attention to Ayatul Kursi 100 times and you would have committed it to memory. There is no hack.
Below is a video to assist you to do this:
Further advice for memorisation:
- Listen to the Audio provided above, by listening to recitation you will avoid making pronunciation errors.
- Before starting to memorize just listen. Play through the ayah and get familiar and comfortable.
- When you are ready to start memorisation process breakup the Ayat into many pieces.
- Practice reciting the ayah piece with your eyes shut.
- Once you have memorised the small piece, add another piece together and try reciting the whole two pieces without looking.
- Practice, practice, practice. Recite before going to sleep, before leaving the home, entering your car, or going to the gym. Whenever you get the chance say what you have learned and in just few days, you will have it ingrained in your head and will never forget.
- It will be difficult but really rewarding. Do not give up and keep trying. This is the key to success to get anything you want in life. The benefits of this Ayah are amazing, so it is well worth learning.